Characters come in three varieties in Highlands: heroes, recruitable characters, and enemies. Characters will interact and develop alongside players throughout their journey. They are all named characters who level up, experience events and fight.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
The Arislaan family are the heroes.
- Duke Arislaan - The ruler and owner of the Arislaan Highland.
- Meregan - The wise duchess and mother.
- Cecaelia - The eldest daughter, always fierce in battle.
- Leoric - The dreamy heir to the throne.
- Micah - The resourceful little brother.
- Eldrich - A war officer, brother of the queen.
- Wondor - A valiant combatant that joins your quest on your way to Bridgetown.
- Sophia - A mechanic that you meet in Bridgetown.
- Fiodor - A leader stranded in the No man's land.
- Kasem - A combatant striving to improve his fighting skills in the No man's land.
- Grigori - A leader that lives in the Industrial district.
Recruitable characters[edit | edit source]
- Combatants - Loyal soldiers, mercenaries, and adventurers that garrison sectors and reconquer territory.
- Mechanics - Fortify sectors, craft, and bombard enemy sectors.
- Leaders - Organize resources and inspire militia attacks.
- Academics - Tend the wounded and the local population.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
The swarmbots are a sea of metallic blades and fangs and the first line of attack in the invasion. Nobody knows where they come from or why there’s so many of them. The invaders proper are raiders coming from an unknown Highland. Their motivations are obscure and they are lead by powerful leaders.